2006 - photo by Don Bick

Monday, May 14, 2007

Prayers for Moderator

Dear Friends,

Greetings in the name of the One to whom we are discipling our lives together. I am writing to let you know that I am facing further surgery and treatment for a tenacious tumour on my forehead and around my eye. I share this with you because we are part of the one body and because I believe that in community we share one another's burdens.

As your servant, I also believe that you have a right to know that my capacity as Moderator will be severely limited over the next few months. Staff in the Office of the Moderator and General Secretary have already begun to make accommodations for my absence. I am assured that there are many who are ready to step in and assist. Thank you.

While I must admit that my Spirit is heavy with this news, I am continuing to do my best to live in the moment, to trust, and to listen for the Holy in this challenging time. For this reason you should also know that although I prefer not to have a lot of conversations about my health, I do appreciate your prayers, good wishes, and understanding when I am not able to respond to every piece of correspondence.

Peace be with you,

David Giuliano (The Right Reverend)
Moderator

No comments: